Painting – one of my passions
After thirty years of working as a stone sculptor I turned my attention to painting. Stone is a natural wonder! This mass of primordial material and deposits is an important part of the Earth’s mantle.
Rounded pebbles are my favourite stones. They never fail to fascinate me and make me explore new avenues. Hence they are the central theme in my pictures. Consciously arranged formations give the pictures a classic still life character. Usually set against a neutral background, these unique objects gain a new level of significance.
The structure and the inclusion of quartz veins display the full beauty of each individual stone and this is something I capture precisely in all its detail.
I mainly paint in acrylic and oil and because stones have a rather monochrome appearance and display few if any chromatic colours, it is a major challenge to mix the many greyscales and earth tones.
- Born in 1942 in Muttenz (CH)
- Married, 3 children, 7 grandchildren
- Trained shop-window and exhibition designer at Ciba-Geigy, Basel (CH)
- Stone sculptor apprenticeship
- Own studio, stone sculptor and stone mason business
- 1997 – began painting, theme: “stones”
- 2002 Galerie Daniel Tanner, Basel (CH)
- 2003 Galerie Daniel Tanner, Basel
- 2005 KURA/Kunstpause Restaurant/Gallery, Herznach (CH)
- 2005 Möbelhaus Linie Rosset, Basel
- 2006 Galerie Looberg / P. Agustonie
- 2007 Brenner’s Park Hotel, Medical SPA,
Dr. M. Beschnidt, Baden-Baden
- 2007 Galerie im Tenn, Muttenz (CH)
- 2008 Hotel Munt Fallun, Ftan (GR)
- 2009 Herz-Zentrum, Bad Krotzingen (DE)
- 2009 POSAG, Muttenz
- 2012 Raiffeisenbank, Muttenz
- 2013 Scuntrada, Ftan (GR)
- 2013 Kulturverein Muttenz
- 2013 Galerie Trotte, Arlesheim (CH)